● Dual technique: Usage of pressurized gas source - typical gas expansion pycnometer, or integral vacuum pump - air (vacuum) pycnometer
● Measurements of more representative sample size - about 250 cc sample chamber volume (65mm diameter x 76mm height), (less for sample, about 200 cc)
● Lab and field applications (powered by any regulated 12 VDC source)
● Special design of sample holders with installed filters, suitable for finest powders
● 24-bit data acquisition system, High accuracy - ±0.05%, and resolution 0.0001 cc
● Dual Gas Selector (optional) – one of two gas sources can be selected by front panel switch
● Built-in precision low-pressure regulator - allows for exact setting of required gas pressure.
● Built in miniature vacuum pump with 7-10 kPa capability – allows for the fastest and most effective outgassing of samples, especially when used in combination with pressure cycles.
● Full control over experiment - basic procedures are prepared as functions with parameters and their sequence is user defined in the experiment definition. Parameters can be modified during experiment
● Symmetrical concept of true volume (density) measurements
PV-Pyc 200™ Pressure-Vacuum Pycnometer, 200cc, Lab & Field
|InstruQuest Inc. Scientific Instruments R&D
|2004 -2018 Copyright © InstruQuest, Inc. All rights reserved.
Main Features and Specifications:
The PV-Pyc 200™ is a fast and fully automated gas (Helium) and air (vacuum) pycnometer in one instrument
for very accurate measurements of true volume (density) of solids using the gas expansion method. The volume
of measuring chamber is about 250 cc and allows for usage of a more representative amount of sample. Thanks
to the embedded miniature vacuum pump, the instrument can be operated as a classical air pycnometer but
without the need of using mercury.
PV-Pyc 200™ Calibration Ball and Handling Tool
Calibration Ball 63.5mm dia.